Monday, June 6, 2011

Detective Comics to Go Back to Issue #1

DC Comics flagship title, Detective Comics, will be thrown back to issue #1, along with some 51 other series. I didn't originally think they would do that. If anything I thought both Detective Comics and Action Comics would stay in continuity, being that they've never been reset... But it seems as though, where Marvel played their cards safe with the Ultimate universe, DC Comics is going all in! Fortunately, Batman doesn't seem to have gone through any major costume changes, but why should he? DC is making a large portion off his movie and comic paraphernalia franchise. He's safe. According to DC, Batman Incorporated will continue on into the reboot. We'll see how that works out.


What will this mean for Action Comics? I'm sure it will get a reboot. And, I'm fairly certain the artwork will have some homage to the original cover of Action Comics #1. Too bad. I was hoping to someday pick up a copy of Action Comics #1000. (I'm not fretting though; there's no way DC would give up the chance to have the first legitimate comic book go that far.)

No comments:

Post a Comment